The CLEAR Scoliosis Institute has developed a program to support chiropractors in working with scoliosis patients.
Most cases of mild scoliosis (under 25 degrees) in patients older than 13 can safely be managed by a chiropractor, provided certain guidelines are followed:
- Regular exams (at least every 12 visits) and regular x-rays (at least every six months) must be provided to document objective outcomes.
- If the x-rays and exams the patient is stable or improving, treatment may be continued with the patient’s informed consent.
- However, if the Cobb angle or other objective outcome assessments show a worsening of the patient’s condition, an appropriate referral to an orthopedic or chiropractic scoliosis specialist is warranted.
In cases of moderate (20 to 40 degree Cobb angles) and severe scoliosis (over 40 degrees), the CLEAR Scoliosis Institute offers a third option besides bracing and surgery. We have developed the CLEAR DC Scoliosis Referral program to support chiropractors in providing the best possible care to their patients with scoliosis.
Here’s how it works:
- First, fill out the form below with some basic information. A representative of CLEAR will contact you by phone or e-mail within 1 to 3 business days.
- We will let you know if there is a CLEAR Certified Doctor within driving distance that can provide Standard Treatment. If there is not, we will provide you with the locations of CLEAR Scoliosis Centers where your patient could receive one or two weeks of Intensive Care (IC) Treatment.
- After undergoing CLEAR treatment, your patient will be referred back to you for follow-up care, along with a detailed description of their specific treatment plan. The CLEAR treating doctor will also be available to provide ongoing support through e-mail and phone calls.
Chiropractic has the potential to change spines and lives when properly applied. Our advanced insights in and dedication to the field of scoliosis ensure that your scoliosis patients will receive the best possible outcome from chiropractic care, and you will have an opportunity to witness and learn about new treatments, techniques, and therapies that will improve your clinical abilities with all of your patients.
Be a hero to your scoliosis patients; provide them with the answer they’ve been searching for!